Article: Domino Domain Monitoring SMTP Reflector »
CHRISTIAN DENCKER - JAN 4, 2009 (04:58:12 PM)
You will need at least one Domino server version 7.x og later in order to use these probes. If you only have Domino version 6.x please mail to email@example.com for how to setup mail probes i Domino version 6.x.
There are to kinds of SMTP Probes ...
- Mail DSN, the Default Messaging/Mail DSN Probe
- Mail Reflector, the Default Messaging/Mail Reflector Probe
First time users ... Use the "Mail Reflector" probe.
1. Check that the DDM.nsf database is in place.
2. Check that you have a ispy50.nsf database in the root Domino data directory. If not create one using a standard R7 or R8 mail template.
3. Check that you have a mail in document for the ISpy50.nsf called ISpy on <Dominio Server Name>
4. Make sure that the ISpy Mail in database has the right e-mail address. egg. Ispy_on_<your server name>@<Company Domain Suffix>.xxx
5. Open the DDM database (Domino Domain Monitoring)
6. Click on "Open Configuration" takes you to the Monitoring Configuration database (events4.nsf)
7. Click on DDM Configuration.
8. Click on DDM Probes
9. On the right screen -> Click on Messaging.
10a. Edit The Mail Reflector document and set the appropiate settings. (5 Min. interval gives the best Performance monitoring results)
10a. Edit The Mail DSN document and set the appropiate settings.
Now "Enable" the document af setup is complete.
This probe will test the mail flow to a SMTP mail system. Because it uses the Delivery Status Notification method, the destination SMTP domain must support that extension. To test mail flow to the destination mail domain, you will need to specify a mail recipient. Note: messages delivered by this probe to the mail recipient will not be automatically deleted from the mail file. You may want to specify a test user.
This probe will test the mail flow to any mail system. To test mail flow to the destination mail domain, you will need to specify a mail recipient. The mail recipient must be configured such that messages received from this probe are sent back to the originator. The subject of the original message must be contained in the subject of the returned message. One way to configure this is to auto-forward messages from the mail recipient to the ISpy mail-in database on the server from which you are probing. Note: messages delivered by this probe to the mail recipient will not be automatically deleted from the mail file. You may want to specify a test user.